Re: Syd Barret has died...

Message ID: 389630
Posted By: peredurabefrog
Posted On: 2006-07-11 15:01:00
Subject: Re: Syd Barret has died...
Recs: 7

>>
Have you seen this site?
<<

No. I hadn't. Isn't the interweb a wonderful thing!

I was right though. Didn't even make the handbills :)

To be honest, I can't remember much about it, and I certainly never met any of the stars. As I recall we'd played a private party in Luton or somewhere the night before. Then we played a wedding on a farm nearby (in Lincolnshire, that is) - in a huge greenhouse I think - then we did Spalding and then belted up the motorway to do Manchester Students Union the following evening.

I was the lead singer - so I was entirely out of it the whole time. Singers are supposed to do that, apparently. Well, that's my excuse and I've been using it for 30 years.

Looking at the date, it seems as though I should have been doing my 2nd year exams at the time. Goodness only knows how (or if) I fitted those in.

Thanks for that. Really.

PAE


------------------------------------------------------------
The text of this Yahoo Message Board post has been licensed for
copying and distribution by the Yahoo Message Board user
"peredurabefrog" under the following license:

License: CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike v2.0
------------------------------------------------------------