Re: Syd Barret has died...

Message ID: 389610
Posted By: timransom@rogers.com
Posted On: 2006-07-11 14:20:00
Subject: Re: Syd Barret has died...
Recs: 5

I was indoctrinated by older siblings. I remember my brother playing The Piper at the Gates of Dawn in his Zen Room with the quadrophonic speaker setup.

I guess my friends and I were a bunch of anachronists, because they were all into the same thing.

So there you have it: even a swaddling like myself at a tender 40 years of age had a Floyd soaked adolescence.

Just shows to go you how miserable the 80s were when a whole generation had to look backwards to find music worth listening to. I have received several calls today from people I haven't seen in a while over this. It is worth noting that none of these people called me when the guy from Nirvana died.


------------------------------------------------------------
The text of this Yahoo Message Board post has been licensed for
copying and distribution by the Yahoo Message Board user
"timransom@rogers.com" under the following license:

License: CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike v2.0
------------------------------------------------------------