OT: Tedium Chronicles

Message ID: 372043
Posted By: timransom@rogers.com
Posted On: 2006-05-11 18:40:00
Subject: OT: Tedium Chronicles
Recs: 39

Because I am faced with a tedious and time consuming job (modifying crappy contact/project management/reporting Access[blarf!] database), I thought a little procrastination was in order.

So, having literally compared apples and oranges using Google's new "trends" search,I thought it would be equally pointless to look up sciBSD and Gadugi Linux, which, as it turns out, are terms that couldn't be graphed due to the fact that nobody has heard of or cares enough to have Googled them.

My apathy piqued, I Googled sciBSD, and came across Wallace's web site:

http://www.sci-bsd.com/

[*WARNING*: site utilizes seizure inducing BLINK tag! I'm not kidding!]

Horrified, I noticed that the page is titled "Title of your page", so I thought, "Why not look at the source? It's not like I don't have a million better things to do."

Looking at the source, I discovered that master physicist and Operating System creator Wallace had used something called EasyHtml to "build" his acid green web page with giant BLINKing text. Here's the tag:
< META NAME="generator" CONTENT="ToniArts EasyHtml v.2.2">

So I thought "Well, if it's good enough for a guy who is a master physicist, the sole author of an operating system, and a brilliant Pro Se litigator, then it's good enough for me."

I Googled ToniArts EasyHtml and found it here:

http://www.toniarts.com/ehtmle.htm

<< EasyHtml is 100% free HTML-editor.>>

So, Cap'n Tardmeister used FREE SOFTWARE to hastily slap together his hideously amateurish one page site to bolster his assertion that FREE SOFTWARE is hindering his ability to enter the software market.

The fact that he even needed some cheesy software to build a one page site with no graphics and 20 words of text on it casts a bit of a pall on the idea that he's a developer.

Not to mention that he apparently missed the field where "Title of your page" exists in said cheesy software.

*whistle*


------------------------------------------------------------
The text of this Yahoo Message Board post has been licensed for
copying and distribution by the Yahoo Message Board user
"timransom@rogers.com" under the following license:

License: CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike v2.0
------------------------------------------------------------