OT: Yahoo and censorship

Message ID: 365798
Posted By: saltydogmn
Posted On: 2006-04-21 14:09:00
Subject: OT: Yahoo and censorship
Recs: 22

Well, all the trolls in the world couldn't do it;

jeffy couldn't do it;

biff sure as hell couldn't do it;

anmcbride couldn't do it;

but some boiler room pumpers in the GTW board could do it - silence one of their critics.


I created a nym over there, named gtw_is_a_non_profit, and volunteered to have myself reported to the SEC, for quoting complete extracts from Gateway SEC filings. Of course, none of the shills actually bothered to do it.


I tried logging in over there today, and I couldn't. No idea why, either... so I find a number for Yahoo, call them up, get an actual human (in New Delhi, most likely, but still, an actual person to talk to), and find out my account had been nuked, for TOS violations; none of which he could actually tell me about, but it was nuked. This makes me winder - if they are so easy to cave in on these requests, why hasn't SCOX done the same thing, and have their shills report the truth tellers here, and have us all nuked?

With the anal retentive policies of Google Finance, and now the corporate errand boy positioning that Yahoo seems to have taken, I wonder exactly where you can speak the truth about American business anymore.

This censorship of TRUTH makes me sick.


(I wonder how long *this* one will be around.)


------------------------------------------------------------
The text of this Yahoo Message Board post has been licensed for
copying and distribution by the Yahoo Message Board user "saltydogmn"
under the following license:

License: CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike v2.0
------------------------------------------------------------