Re: Zen Stoopidity

Message ID: 305386
Posted By: mitmosnar
Posted On: 2005-09-22 10:06:00
Subject: Re: Zen Stoopidity
Recs: 16

Bob:
While I appreciate you pointing out that Zen's assertion that "It doesn't have a thing to do with Groklaw and never did. Grokwar is about Bar and Ransom and *maybe* one or two other's god given right to decree what will and will not be discussed hereabouts" is in direct contradiction to his *many* other assertions to the contrary, including the article you mention, I feel compelled to tell you that:

1.) I am perfectly capable of defending myself (so is Bar, who wisely ignored the whole thing).
2.) I am used to this kind of stuff coming from certain quarters. SSDD
3.) Although I got drawn into it yesterday, I really couldn't give a fiddler's fart what Zen (or anyone else I don't personally know) thinks of me. Your post illustrates why.
4.) Despite the fact that I'm not likely to get invited to any Babylon5 weenie rosts at the Colonel's, I really don't feel any animosity towards him. In fact, were we to sit down over a few drinks, I'm sure it'd be a pretty good yuckfest. Aside from our polar positions in the Grokwars and his determinist stance, we likely have more in common than we don't. Lord knows I'd rather argue about determinism than refight old GW battles.
5.) Although the Colonel would be the first to defend your right to talk about this stuff here, I don't think *anyone* really needs more Grokwar. Which leads me to
6.) The damn war is over. There is no issue unflogged. No one is going to change their mind about any of it at this point.
7.) With freaks like Merkey at large, there are bigger fish to fry than the 'BGEs', a term I coined which is way past its due date.

So, thanks again for defending me, but I don't need it, and your energy would be better spent looking beyond the Grokwars to the *present*.


------------------------------------------------------------
The text of this Yahoo Message Board post has been licensed for
copying and distribution by the Yahoo Message Board user "mitmosnar"
under the following license:

License: CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike v2.0
------------------------------------------------------------