"Netiquette?"

Message ID: 279526
Posted By: mitmosnar
Posted On: 2005-07-07 22:57:00
Subject: "Netiquette?"
Recs: 17

Were the concept actually observed, I could see how Biff's comments might warrant his 'outing'.

However, not only is there no shortage of equally violent, prejudiced rhetoric coming from the 'good guys', but were Biff (or anyone else) to 'out' YSCOX posters for the same reason, I can well imagine the reaction.

I decided Biff was a waste of oxygen and a complete f*ckhead when he made insanely ignorant statements about the death of Mike Tuxford.

In fact, I recall offering to relandscape his face at the time.

He made no attempt to 'out' me.

However, during the Grokwars, I received a deluge of obnoxious (and sometimes threatening) emails, had to fight tooth and nail to stop a campaign to have my name associated with every damn troll on the Internet, had people trying to have Yahoo blacklist me, had someone use my email address to send obnoxious stuff through an open relay, *and* had to waste time immoliating a sea of ankle biting posers. All because I disagreed with people about Groklaw.

Either 'outing' someone is wrong, or it isn't, regardless of whether you agree with them.

If Biff were a paided shill, or the alter ego of a journalist, that *would* be worth exposing.

JMHO

Thanks again,


------------------------------------------------------------
The text of this Yahoo Message Board post has been licensed for
copying and distribution by the Yahoo Message Board user "mitmosnar"
under the following license:

License: CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike v2.0
------------------------------------------------------------